Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > !!!IMPORTANT: FREE TIME IS OVER FOR DS70...
!!!IMPORTANT: FREE TIME IS OVER FOR DS708

2896 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2013-09-27 22:50:42

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support
    2013-09-11 03:51:44
    Please note that any DS708 which is registered before 2012/9/11 will not be able to do program update from now on. We have provded one-year free update for DS708, even longer period for some older machines. Now the free time is over. Anyone who still wants to get update programs from us needs to pay a Update fee. Our E-com website will be online soon. You can purchase the update programs by then and pay online.

•   Level 4   
    (116) points
    LEVIDMAX

2013-09-12 11:23:28

How much will the updates be? I looked at the FAQ on the US website and it said $799!! I think that is too much considering you can buy a new MAXIDAS DS708 FOR $1200. Again I'm interested in knowing how much AUTEL will charge. Please let me know thank you Eddie Avalos.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support
    2013-09-25 01:54:23 (Reply to:LEVIDMAX)
     The price is not decided yet. but I can assure you it would not be that high.

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    jmechanic

2013-09-25 16:39:07 (Reply to:Autel Support)

Hi tech support  I think you are a little familiar with me i come here every now and then to try to help others with their ds708 questions   and problems whenever I can
    and i do the same in many other websites in the us and uk as well and one of the reasons the ds 708 have sold so well is in part because of us mechanics that use this tool everyday or our lives in the real world and report the real problems and tell you what the tool should and should not do  as you can see many people are frustraded with the fact that the updates is over  it is not that they don't want to pay for updates  I assure you they will pay if they new what they are paying for  so far is has been bug report bug fixing very little update   and update by definition is to add and better something with a description of what it is you are adding and fixing we have been blind folded to everything you claim to be doing also there is a very long list of problems with the ds708, many unanswered question we the mechanics will take the work we know we can do according to the tool we have and this ds 708 is not very reliable a function i was able to do in one model I can not do on another model or year  we are not asking for anything free we just want what we have to be fix and reliable  and one more thing that i dont understand  why you are not updating older vehicles like that poor guy with a 96 toyota  you sold us a scanner with obd 1 adapters why not updating obd1 software not everybody is lucky to work in new cars maybe in his country there are only old cars  please do the right thing and finish the ds708 before you start bragging about how good the 908 maxi whatever is have a good day and please don't say free time is over we did not get this scanner as a gift and we are the ones that help you improve it

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support
    2013-09-27 22:50:42 (Reply to:jmechanic)
     Hi, I have answered you in another post.
  Total1 Pages